Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mickey Mouse Birthday Party Recap

MY BABY IS 2!

Well little baby Reid is not a baby any more.  He is officially a toddler!  We pulled off his party on Sunday even with horrific storm on Friday that left our beautiful umbrella stuck in the tilted position and the other storm that rolled in 2 hours into the party.  Nonetheless I accomplished what I set out to do in throwing him the best Mickey Mouse birthday part I could for a 2 year old!

Here are some of the highlights in pictures........

The Cake

 
The Buffet. 
I made the pennant on my Cricuit machine.  Thank you Carmen for letting me borrow your Micky Cricuit cartridges!



We did hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.  All of Reid's favorites!


The goodie bags!  I put in gold fish crackers, a fruit squeezer, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, mickey stickers, and a Mickey Mouse to go pack from the dollar spot at Target.  I didn't want to give them anything that would stick around for a long time.  All the items can be used or eaten!  No small slinkys here!


I found little mouse ears at Walmart and made a sign using the Mickey/Disney Font I downloaded from DaFont.com  I have to say the font really made my signs authentic!


I made this sign to go by the hot dogs on the buffet table. 


I also made this Mickey themed Subway Til artwork.  I thought it would add a nice touch to the gift table and afterwards I hung it in his room!  What a great way to commemorate the day!


The outdoor present area before the storm rolled in!


Pinterest has been my best friend in finding lots of great ideas for kids at parties.  I bought large bottles of bubble mix and filled a drink dispenser with them and labeled it "Bubble Filling Station".  The kids loved it.  I found a cute little pack of different bubble wants and had those available for them to use. 


The birthday boy really loved the bubbles!



Here he is in his birthday present from his Papa and CiCi!  I dressed him as a little Mickey Mouse.  I sewed little white patches onto his red shorts.  I thought he looked super cute!




After we ate inside and during the storm we decorated the Mickey Mouse cookies.  Reid made sure to put a few on his cookie and a few in his mouth! 


While opening presents he received this little Mickey beanie from his Mawmaw.  I think that was his favorite present because he hugged it the rest of the night!


Reid didn't want to stop playing with his new toys so we stuck in behind him for a family picture and this is the best one we could get!  Maybe next year I guess! 



 I had a wonderful time planning the little party for my little Mickey fan!  He walked around all day pointing at all the Mickey decor.  I am sure he may not remember the party but I will always remember how much fun we all had!

I can finally have a rest for a few months on party planning which will be nice but knowing me I won't be able to last that long before I start to plan for another party. 

Does anyone else have any great parties they are planning?  What is the best theme party you have every been to? 



2 comments:

  1. I'm planning Tyler's 3rd birthday party right now. It is going to be this Sunday. We are going with a car theme (not Cars movie but cute little cars). I'm having so much fun with car food. The drink area will say 'filling station', we are cutting little watermelons to look like 'spare tires', we are making apple slice cars and we made traffic light cookies. All thanks to Pinterest:) The main activity of the party will be riding on the ride on toys on the driveaway which will be made to look like a road. We are also going to decorate our own little cars that I cut from my pazzles machine. The goody bags are activities for a road trip! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly adorable Mickey Mouse Birthday Party. I am in love with the arrangements. Anyways, I would also be hosting 6th birthday bash for my son and have just booked the outdoor Seattle venues for star wars themed party. If you have some décor ideas for this theme, please share.

    ReplyDelete