Thursday, October 4, 2012

How Pinterest-ing Candle Cleanout

Has anyone else seen the pin on Pinterest where you can clean out every ounce of wax from a candle jar to be reused for other things?  Well I saw it and decided I had to give it a try because frankly those Bath and Body Works candle jars are gorgeous and I can think of a ton of things to do with them when it is cleaned out! 

 

 
I started out with a candle that was burned down to the bottom.  Why do they have to burn down through the middle leaving wax all down the sides?  Question for another day I guess!  I boiled water on the stove and poured it over the candle.  I had to put it in the sink because I was afraid what might happen to the glass.  Nothing did happen and I really should have considered the fact it is like a mini fire bowl when the candle is lit but better safe then sorry!
 
 
I stirred it around a bit to loosen all of the wax from the sides.

 
 

 
Then I let it sit until water was cooled down to room temperature. 

 
Once it was cooled down there was a chunk of wax waiting to be removed from the top of the container. 

 
I removed the wax and then dumped out the water.

 
I gave the glass a little scrub with soap and water to remove and residue from the jar and also took the labels off.  Which might I add came off rather nicely!
 

 
And here I have a clean lidded jar to do whatever I want with!
 
SUCCESS!

 
This was so easy I will never throw away another candle jar again.  I think I will use this to fill with Christmas candies and give as a gift.  Picture a beautiful bow on this baby and I will be all set!  I can also see etching a saying on it with my etching liquid.  Loose change jar anyone!
 
Again Pinterest has not steered me wrong. 
 
Has anyone else tried a project from Pinterest?
How did it turn out?
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment