Friday, October 19, 2012

Camping Cub Scout Style

I DID IT!

I camped a whole night out in the woods and didn't die!  We had such a great time and I was way more worked up about it then I needed to be.  I have to say I slept TERRIBLY but I wasn't the only one!  My sister came along and I think she definitely left with a new found appreciation for "Roughing it!"
 
Here is a photo montage of our wonderful 24 hours in the wilderness!
 
In his brand new uniform
My little scout
 

Saluting the flag during the flag up ceremony
Geology lesson from a real geologist


Finding rocks
(we planted them, quartz is not just laying around on the ground at a scout camp)

Our nature hike


This was where we had out camp fire on Saturday night. 
It really was beautiful!
 

Preparing to shoot a BB gun for the first time. 
Glasses are a must, safety first!
Looking like a seasoned marksman! 
This was his favorite part of the whole trip!

Ready for a "good" night sleep after a long day
 
We made it through and had fun doing it.  I have to say I am not dreading the spring camp out now.  I know what to expect and I know what to bring.  Other then the raccoon scratching at our tent in the middle of the night, I was okay with being in the woods.  The food was good, I was not cold at all, and I found a flushable toilet at the mess hall.  All was well for this girl when I found that!  I did this for my son and I will definitely do it again!
 
Has anyone else done something way out of their comfort zone for their child/children?
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment