Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Leaving My Comfort Zone...................Camping!

 
Well I may be crazy but making my son happy is my top priority so I am doing the unthinkable.......I am going camping with him this weekend for the Cub Scout camp out!  I know, everyone I have told has asked me what shoes I am wearing because I never wear anything without a heel except to workout so frankly I am asking myself the same thing!

 
I am not the type of person at all who would voluntarily go on an overnight camping trip.  To me camping includes a celebrity sized RV with cable and air conditioning! 

I wouldn't mind sleeping here!


Source: ssqq.com via Jennifer on Pinterest

I remember rolling up to summer camp and asking my mother where the hotel was.  Needless to say the hotel was nowhere to be found! 



So when my husband was unable to make it to the camp out I said I would do it.  My son is sooooo excited to go and I am sure it will be a fun time once I get there. 

I have been preparing for the camp out for over a week.  I am the proud owner of a 4 person tent on the suggestion of a coworker who camps regularly.  I guess the 2 person barely fits two people and I need my space!  I bought sleeping bags, head lamps, bug spray, and hiking boots for my son.  I still need to make a trip to the store to buy myself some footwear that is appropriate for the great outdoors.  In all honestly I am a habitual over packer so I will likely be way too over prepared for one night in the wilderness but better safe then sorry!

The day and night are filled with fun activities for the boys.  I am definitely bringing my camera to capture the beauty of nature this time of year. 
 
Does anyone have any tips for a first time camper?  
Anything I must take with me?

I need all the tips I can get, wish me luck!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment